HACP is a Certified Housing Counseling Agency. If you have questions about purchasing a home, credit counseling, preventing foreclosure, rental issues or improving financial literacy please call us at (251) 452-8500.
We provide one-on-one and group counseling sessions. Some of the services provided are:
- Pre-Purchase Counseling addresses issues that may prevent or delay affordable mortgage financing.
- Fair Housing Pre-purchase Education Workshops promote fair housing and awareness about housing discrimination.
- Predatory Lending Education Workshops provide information on identity theft, predatory lending tactics, payday and tax refund advances, and how not to fall prey to predatory lenders.
- Pre-purchase Homebuyer Education Workshops allow certified housing counselors to assist clients in determining if homeownership meets their lifestyle, determine mortgage affordability, review credit and develop action plans to overcome obstacles.
RESOLVING OR PREVENTING MORTGAGE DELINQUENCY OR DEFAULT
- Mortgage Delinquency & Default Resolution Counseling is designed to assist in resolving mortgage delinquency and/or prevent foreclosure.
- Financial Management/Budget Counseling shares data and tools to increase self-sufficiency, develop a budget to assess spending habits and reduce existing debt while creating saving strategies.
- Non-Delinquency Post Purchase Workshops offer information on topics designed to ensure homeowners remain successful.
LOCATING, SECURING, OR MAINTAINING RESIDENCE IN RENTAL HOUSING
- Fair Housing One-On-One Counseling provides information or referrals to clients who have been denied housing or encountered differences in treatment during their attempts to obtain housing.
- Rental One-On-One Counseling provides information on landlord tenant relationships and possible rental opportunities.