Affordable Homes Program
The Housing Authority of the City of Prichard (HACP) can turn your dream of homeownership into reality. Please contact us at (251) 452-8500 for more information.
HACP’s services are designed to assist current HACP residents, HCV participants and low to moderate income families become homebuyers. HACP provides counseling and economic development services to help residents take advantage of homeownership opportunities.
- HACP Provides:
- Credit Counseling
- Employment Counseling
- Household Budgeting
- Down Payment Assistance
- Job Training
- Small Business Development Assistance
- Household Maintenance Training
Can’t Afford To Buy A Home . . . Think Again
A first-time homebuyer is an individual or family who has not owned a home during the three-year period before the purchase.
To qualify you must have:
- A stable source of income
- Two (2) years of continuous employment
- Ability to provide proof of income (i.e. pay stubs, W-2 Form, etc.)
- Acceptable rental history
- Credit history
Federal Income Limits:
All applicants are required to complete the Homeownership and Consumer Credit Counseling Program conducted by the housing authority.
Applying for a home is too complicated. Where do I start?
To apply for the homeownership program you can obtain an application at one of the following locations:
- Our main office located 200 W Prichard Avenue, Prichard, AL 36610
- Figures Way site located 4503 Senator Street, Eight Mile, AL 36613
- Download Application
Homeownership is about you
The continuing goal of the Housing Authority of the City of Prichard is to provide the necessary supportive services to encourage self-sufficiency and upward mobility. Supportive Services are designed to provide opportunities that will lead to homeownership, economic development opportunities, jobs, skills training and a better community.
We build a better community by:
- Making homeownership a reality
- Meeting the needs of the citizens
- Serving our customers with respect
- Providing timely and quality support services